Creating a discount or promotional coupon in WooCommerce is very simnple and built into the core system. With this flexible feature you can offer users money off vouchers by either a percentage or a fixed amount, or offer discounts or even free shipping. I also use this feature to create 99% discount coupons when I’m doing a quick checkout test on a live environment.
Creating a WooCommerce Coupon or Voucher
Login to your WordPress / WooCommerce dashboard
- Article: Accessing the WordPress Dashboard
Navigate to Coupons Section
WooCommerce > Couponsand select
Fill in the coupon details
- Add a name
- Add a description (optional)
- Choose a Discount type:
- Percentage discount - This will reduce the total cart value by a specified percentage (eg 10%)
- Fixed cart discount - This will reduce the cart value by a specific monetary amount (eg (£5)
- Fixed product discount - This will provide a discount for specific products only (eg £5 off white T-shirt). If you choose this discount type, you will specify the products in the next step
Add coupon restrictions
Publish. Your visitors will now be able to enter the coupon code in the basket or at checkout to receive your discount
UK WordPress Support
We are a team of UK based WordPress experts offering WordPress help & support, WordPress site management and maintenance, content management services, one to one WordPress training and consultancy.
Need to chat? Contact Us Now!
Let us manage your plugin and theme updates, keep your WordPress website site running smoothly and your visitors happy!
One to One WordPress Training
We provide one to one WordPress training to individuals and companies all over the World!
Whether you are developing new skills for business or working on a personal project, we can support you, and your first trial session is free!