To reset your WordPress password, visit the login screen and select the “Lost Your Password” Link. You login screen can usually be found by adding
/wp-admin to the end of your web address (eg
From there, simply enter your email address or username and you should receive a password reset email.
If you can still login to you WordPress dashboard, you can easily change your own password from the ‘Edit My Profile’ screen.
To access ‘Edit My Profile’:
- Find your username on the right hand side of the WordPress admin bar (across the top of your screen). This will be in the format of “How are you [username]” or “Howdy [username]” or something similar
- Hover over the link to access the drop down menu
- Within the drop down menu find “Edit My Profile” – this will take you to your profile page
- Within your profile page, scroll down to the “Account Management” section and select the “Generate New Password” button – this will suggest a strong password, but you can overwrite this with a password of your choice.
- If your chosen password is too weak, you will have to confirm the use of the weak password by ticking the “Confirm weak password” checkbox or choose a stronger password.